Freitag, 12. April 2013

Coalfish India


We always try to establish some kind of "fish-day" - in many german parts, friday is the traditional one.
the "older" people still hold this tradition up. But the younger ones don`t. Well, Timo and me, we do not manage it, too. I am living in a harbour city but eat too less fish. I want to change that!

I made this one, because I found this package of green rice I bought in a wonderful store in Tübingen, South of Germany. I was just curious about. I mean, it has a beautiful vibrant color! Very special!
But: choose normal rice for that.There was no preparing advice on the package, so I cooked it like normal rice. It was really clingy after that. Still tasted okay, but not what I wanted.

Fish fits wonderful to rice, and I have this great korma paste recipe from Jamie Oliver.
(>> http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/uncategorised-recipes/easy-homemade-curry-pastes)
I make always more and freeze it. So I had a great dish to prepare quickly after work.

So, if you want to have some light fish with oriental spices, try this!



_________________________________________________

Coalfisch Karma Korma


serves 2

Ingredients

> 2 x 180-200 grams coalfish filet (with or without skin)
> 1 TBSP korma paste (I do it myself, the recipe is from
> 2 green onions
> Olive oil
> 100 ml coconut milk
> some parsley or coriander leaves to sprinkle
> a little bit of chili
> 1 lemon, bio
> basmati rice for 2 (~150 grams dry rice)

Preparation:
First, prepare the rice:
>> Wash the rice in a sieve until the water coming out is clear (if it doesn`t , the rice gets clingy).
>> Heat some water in a pot, add a bit of salt and put rice into boiling water. If the rice is starting to "dance", let it cook for 5 minutes, then strain it.
>> Put water into pot again, a few centimeters high. Let boil and reduce heat until it simmers.
>> Put the sieve with the rice above and cover with aluminium foil. Then let it simmer for about 10 minutes.

Prepare the fish:
>> Heat big pan at medium heat.
>> Cover one side of the coalfish (if it has skin: on the fleshside) with half of the korma paste
>> Add a bit oil to the hot pan and put fish with the korma side down into it.
>> When it gets a bit of color after 4-5 minutes, turn and let fry for 5 more minutes.
>> Heat pan more and add green onions, the other half of the korma paste, coconut milk and chili.
>> Let cook a few minutes until the fish begins to fall apart.
>> If necessary, add lemonjuice to the sauce.

>> Put rice on plates, add fish and douse with sauce. Sprinkle with some green onions & parsley/coriander.
Serve with lemon pieces.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen